PT Berau Coal is a mining company which operates in Berau Regency, East Kalimantan. Currently, PT Berau Coal is the fifth biggest mining company in Indonesia, with numerous accolades and awards in social and community development as well as environment from the Government of Indonesia.

90% shares of PT Berau Coal are indirectly owned by PT Berau Coal Energy Tbk, and the remaining 10% by Sojitz Coorporation.
PT Berau Coal began its mining operation on 26 April 1983, following a Perjanjian Karya Pengusahaan Pertambangan Batubata (PKP2B, Coal Contract of Works). Currently, PT Berau Coal has a mining concession area of 118.400 hectares, located 300 kilometers from the north of Samarinda, the capital city of East Kalimantan.
Berau Coal has three mining sites in Lati, Binungan, and Sambarata with increasing production capacity targeted to reach 30 Million MT/year by 2018.

PT Berau Coal Energy Tbk, is the main entity of PT Berau Coal. Since 19 August2010 it was listed at Bursa Efek Indonesia with shares code of BRAU.